Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Happy Birthday Kate!

Hello friends!  




Today we are having a birthday blog hop to celebrate the sweet and talented Kate!  You may know Kate from her blog pinned & penned, where she shares her beautiful creations.

Kate has an ability to layer many different elements on a card and have it turn out stunning!  I am much more of a clean and simple girl, so I am always amazed by her talent.  To honor Kate, I tried to create a layered card - but alas! it wasn't as layered as I had originally planned!  This was the best I could do:





My card features the Hero Arts Make a Wish stamp set colored with copics and layered onto some Basic Grey patterned paper.  The celebrate die cut is Paper Smooches.

I know it isn't quite up to Kate layering standards, but I hope she likes it anyway.  Happy Happy Day to you my friend!  I hope you have a fantastical, wonderful, present filled day!

Here are the rest of the participants in today's hop:  Be sure to stop by each of their blogs to see what they made for Kate and then head over and give the birthday girl some good wishes!

Katie
Laura <<<<you are here
Lisa 

Thanks for stopping by!  
Laura

8 comments:

  1. So pretty Laura! That paper is perfect with your delish cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card Laura! That BG paper is awesome and I think you did a great job layering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura. I love how you used the lavender on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmy.. I want me some chocolate cake!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome bday card - fun chocolate cake

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love it, Laura! I think we all must have been experiencing a creative zeitgeist, as many were channeling the browns and pastels/neons-- I know I had brown and pink on my mind for the last week-- and I love how you paired the awesome patterned brown paper with purple!! Just painted my nails the color of your celebrate! Thank you so much and I can't wait to see you on Saturday!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! It makes my day!